Saturday, June 23, 2007

Stop the carnage!

This post is not for the squeamish. If you are squeamish, close this window and go do a crossword puzzle or something.


Skid is out of town this weekend and asked me to take his trash out and put the can up after it was picked up. Naturally, I take care of other things while I'm there, like getting the paper out of the driveway and scooping drowned animals out of his pool. Today, the death toll was mind boggling. Five drowned chipmunks in just one day. Cute little chipmunks. Well, I suppose the were cute, at one time. But not when I found them. Some pictures are below. I made the first one a flower so people wouldn't accidentally see a drowned chipmunk. Don't look at the pictures if you are still eating breakfast, or lunch, or dinner, or if you have eaten within the past two hours, or if you plan to eat in the next day or two. Don't look at them if you are one of those people who, when they are in the middle of a meal, thinks of something gross and then can't eat any more. Just close this window if you happen to live with people who might trick you into looking at something gross because of their sick, twisted sense of humor, even though they know you won't be able to eat for days afterwards. Well, maybe they aren't all that bad. But don't look if you are squeamish.


Skid put noodles on the sides of the pool, held in place by blocks of concrete, hoping the chipmunks would use them to climb out of the pool. But they don't. Maybe since they live in burrows in the ground instead of in trees, they aren't very good at climbing. Maybe they didn't see that they could use the noodles to get out of the pool. Maybe they think only nerds use noodles. I don't know, but they drowned anyway.


I can't stand it. I had to take drastic measures. I hooked a couple of hoses together and put one end in the pool and the other in the wash. It's siphoning now. I figure the pool will be drained by the time Skid gets home. Oh dear, I just thought of something. I hope the chipmunks don't die from falling into an empty pool. I'll have to fill it in. Tomorrow.


Carnage

No comments: