Sunday, June 17, 2007

A little warm

I thought I was going to explain something I didn't have time to explain several days ago, but it's gotten late again and I still have to make the bed and I'm tired and nobody has expressed any interest in an explanation (does anybody even read this?), so that will have to wait until later.


The high today was supposed to be 107 but it was only 102 when I parked the truck. I decided that today would be a good time to perch on the side of Lone/One mountain (the east (shady) side) and watch for deer on their way to or from the Salt River. You would know why I picked this spot if I was not too tired to explain. I sat up there for at least half an hour, watching for any movement. I saw a lot of birds flitting around. No deer. No coyotes. Didn't hear any coyotes, either. Click below to open a new window with the pictures.


BC_2007_06_17


The first picture shows what is either a shadow or a cave. It's going to be difficult to get up there to find out which. Maybe this coming winter. The next picture shows the pass that I suspect funnels a lot of deer on the way to and from the Salt River. Then there are several pictures of items of great public interest. The last is a panorama showing almost everything visible from where I was. When shooting "stitch" photos, the exposure is set on the first picture and all the following pictures use that setting. That's why the center of the picture looks overexposed. If the camera didn't do that, though, the boundaries between pictures would be obvious. You should be able to find my truck in there if you blow it up to full size. No hints. Well, ok, one. It's the only silver truck in the picture. It's the only truck in the picture. It's the only vehicle in the picture. I had that whole place to myself. Nobody even drove past my truck for the 2.5 hours I was there (I checked for tracks). I guess most people thought it was a little too warm to be out in the desert. It's fine if there's a breeze, though.

No comments: