Saturday, June 23, 2007

A weekend drive

Suzanne isn't on call this weekend, so we went for a drive. We went through Superior, Globe, Miami, Punkin Center, Jake's Corner, Sunflower, and back home. Well, there aren't many towns to name along the route, so click here to open a new window with a map of where we went. The scenery was beautiful the whole trip, but I only took pictures at Roosevelt Lake.


Since we went by Tonto National Monument, we decided to stop and see what that's all about. I didn't have time to go all the way up there today, and I didn't have my backpack with me. I'll have to hike up there another day.


The lake was a pretty turquoise color today. I tried to stitch together a panorama of the bridge near the Roosevelt Lake dam, but it didn't quite line up. The stitch program is not very bright, and not adjustable. You have to take your pictures perfectly, or your result looks like my panorama. Anyway, here are the pictures.


Weekend drive


I only put a couple of pictures on the map. Most of them were taken in the same vicinity.

No comments: