Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ack! Hot! Ack!

Date: August 12, 2007
Location: Salt River, downstream of Saguaro Lake
Time and Temperature: Start - 1412, 115
End - 1443, 115
Distance hiked: One mile
The numbers:
15 Pictures taken
6 Pictures worth keeping
0.5 Liters of water consumed
0.7 Liters of Gatorade consumed


Suzanne and I drove up to Payson yesterday and I was amazed at all the bus loads of people going tubing on the Salt River. I thought maybe I could get some interesting pictures of them, but I was wrong. I went out there today because tubing season is almost over. When I got out of the truck, the thermometer read 120, but that couldn't have been right. It was around 115 as I approached my parking spot. I took pictures in one spot for a few minutes and was thinking about going to another place half a mile on the other side of where I parked. By the time I got back to the truck, though, I had had enough. It was just too hot to be out there without being in the water. There were rain clouds on the horizon, but they weren't going to cool things off any time soon.


I snapped a few pictures of mountains and clouds while I was out there. I like them. I guess I would like the pictures of the tubers if I knew them, but I don't so I don't.


Salt_River_2007_08_12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your truck thermometer was probably right. The temp over here stayed at 105 for several hours and was even at 106.