Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Spooky Hill conquers Lauren

Date: August 8, 2007
Time and Temperature: Start - 1800, 100
End - ~1930, ~95
Location: Spooky Hill, in Bulldog Canyon
Distance hiked: 0.9 miles
Elevation change: 140 feet
The numbers:
26 Pictures taken
>6 Lizards seen
1 Lizard photographed
1 PVC pipe sticking out of the ground with a screw duct taped to it seen
1 mine shaft discovered
1 Rattlesnake seen (and photographed)
0 Snake bites (Woohoo!)

Ramblings: Lauren and I went for a hike in Bulldog Canyon. I thought we should go to the top of Spooky Hill, since that isn't a very difficult hike. I forgot to take into account that Lauren is a pasty white WoW person now, though. We were slowly trudging up the hill when she had to sit down. She was nauseated and turned even whiter (if that's even possible). For about half an hour, all she could do was lay there trying not to throw up. I felt bad for making her feel so bad. We were about 30 feet from the top, but when she felt good enough we headed back to the truck. It was getting late so it was time to go home anyway. Also, unbeknownst to us, a party was being planned and we wouldn't want to be late, if we knew about it.


OK, Lauren is looking over my shoulder and saying that since I embarrassed her, I have to mention that I got my Taco stuck in the sand. I've been worried that I would do that for a while. Now I don't have to worry about that anymore. We scraped sand away from in front of the tires and put some rocks there and got out after about 10 minutes of work.


On the way out, we came across a rattlesnake crossing the road. It's the first rattlesnake Lauren has come across in the wilderness. He posed for a picture with her.


BC_2007_08_08

No comments: