Thursday, August 23, 2007

A cloud

Date: August 23, 2007
Location: Meridian Road
Time and temperature: Nineteen hundredish, one-oh-eightish
The numbers:
26 Pictures taken
1 Cactus thorn in my foot
1 Helium birthday balloon retrieved


Ramblings: Wanna hear a funny story about my yard? OK, but anyway, I haven't been giving the yard the attention it requires in order to make the HOA happy. We decided to hire somebody to take care of it for us. Well, it's been almost 3 weeks since the last time he was here. He says it's been too hot for his crew. They can't work all day. So I mowed the front yard today. I know I couldn't do that all day.


It's that time of year when it is not only hot, but also humid, and the constant heat just wears you down. All week long, when I would get home from work, all I wanted to do was stay someplace cool. So sad. It's like I'm getting old or something.


While I was mowing, I saw a really nice cloud to the south. I hopped in the truck when I was done and headed up Meridian to get some pictures. Sorry about all the power lines. I didn't have time to get to where they wouldn't show up.


Sunset_2007_08_23


Oh, and just for completeness:


No comments: