Monday, August 25, 2008

Random pictures

As usual, I didn't have my camera with me when I wanted to take a picture today. There were storms on the way home from work, and there were some interesting clouds around. Oh, well.


After I got my chores done, I went riding around. It was already pretty dark. With my S3 IS, I had almost always kept the ISO set on 80. Anything else looked grainy to me. That meant that getting pictures in low light was difficult.


So far, I have left the ISO on the Rebel set to "Auto". I think all of the pictures I took tonight are at ISO 800. Except for being dark and fairly colorless, they look pretty darn good to me. I don't detect any graininess, except in the sunset pictures that are almost completely black.


This picture is looking west from one of my favorite sunset taking spots. You get an idea how cloudy it is.




See the lights on the right side of that picture? I decided to go see what kind of picture I could get over there. On the way I noticed a burst of red in the west. Here's a picture of that.




I tried making some HDRI of the ballgame, but I didn't like the way that turned out. I was impressed with what I could see in the original pictures when I zoomed to 100%, so I decided to upload a picture at the highest quality I could. It looks very pixelated when you zoom in on the online version. Too bad for you guys. Here's the picture of the ball game.


No comments: