Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wandering around Bulldog Canyon

I wanted to go someplace I haven't been in Bulldog Canyon today, so I parked in a convenient spot and headed up to a place I couldn't remember going before. I headed in this direction.




Part way up, I found this trail. I don't know what made it. It seems too wide for a rabbit trail. Maybe it's a javelina trail. I followed it for quite a ways.




Here's a ridge that I climbed several years ago. It was so beautiful up there. That was when I "fell in love" with Bulldog Canyon. It was so pretty all around me, and so quiet, and I had it all to my self. That was also the day that I learned that it is not a good idea to return to your truck using a different route than you used on the way out.




See the cliff at the lower center of this picture? I got to the top of that on my way back to the truck from the top of that ridge. There was no way I could get down that cliff. I couldn't even bring myself to look over the edge of it. I had to retrace my steps for quite a ways. That's also the day that I decided to carry spare water, no matter how heavy it is. I didn't get dehydrated that day, but it could have been bad.




I found a place that some people had camped a few months ago, before the winter rains. It's just a few feet from the road. I may go camp there when the weather cools off. Oh, I just remembered that that's when all the beer drinking, gun shooting, enormous bonfire building yahoos go camping out there. Well, maybe if I go on a Tuesday night I'll have the place to myself. Click below to see all of the pictures.


BC_2008_08_21

No comments: