Friday, August 08, 2008

A little cooler

It was a little cooler today; low hundreds. Of course, there is a price to be paid. It was pretty muggy. Not like on the Texas coast, but still uncomfortable. Fortunately, Kyle was agreeable to an easy hike. We went on the First Water Overlook trail near Canyon Lake. The scenery is beautiful there.


There have been several times that I've taken pictures on that trail, and either the clouds were correctly exposed, or the mountains in sunshine, or the creek in the shadows, but never all three. Well, now that I have Photomatix, I was able to produce some pictures that have everything.


It's millipede season. I saw 3 on my last hike, but only one this time. There's a picture of today's. Kyle also spotted a tarantula. Here's a video.




Click below to see all of the pictures.


FWC_Overlook_2008_08_08

No comments: