Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Random hike near Canyon Lake

Lindsey and Kyle went to see the new Batman movie today (they both said it was good). I went for a hike. I climbed another random hill (370 feet altitude gain) near Canyon Lake. The scenery was fantastic up there. I remembered to bring my tripod, too.


It was very steep near the top. My legs were wobbly by the time I got down. I think they are still tired from Monday's hike. When I was almost back to the truck, I was getting a little careless. I bumped into a cholla. Then I was even more careless and tried to shake it off. Cholla doesn't shake off. It digs in deeper. The spines are covered with microscopic scales that ratchet into your skin. I tried to get a picture, but it didn't turn out very good. Not surprising under the circumstances. Then I got my pliers out and pulled out spines for a couple of minutes.


I think I got some nice pictures. I like them. Click below to see them.


AT_2008_08_06

No comments: