Sunday, August 17, 2008

The end of Meridian Road

I've been really lazy lately. Once excuse I'm using is that I don't like hiking if I can't take pictures, and I can't take pictures unless I have someplace to download them. My hard drive is *full*. I ordered another one. It should be here in a couple of days. In the mean time, I made room to squeeze a few more pictures on the old drive.


Since I can't stand being away from the desert for too long, I went out to the end of Meridian road late today. I was just going to wander around a little, but I wound up climbing a hill to try to get sunset pictures. The last time I was on that hill was in winter. The sun sets further south then. Today it set behind some some other hills. No good sunset pictures. It was quite a struggle getting up there before the sun set, too. Here's a picture I snapped from the hill I was on, looking down at the hill I should have been on. I was in the shade; it's in the sun.




Here's the sun disappearing behind some hills just as I got down to that other hill top.




Then some fighter jets flew over in a loose formation. Here's a bad picture of them.




At least that didn't take up much disk space. Here are all of the pictures. Nothing spectacular tonight.


Meridian_2008_08_17

No comments: