Saturday, October 25, 2008

Broadway Cave, second attempt

I started out earlier this time, and took more water. I would have made it if I hadn't made a wrong turn. Since I had lost the trail, I was kind of just wandering around. I couldn't see it when I got close, so I didn't know which way to go. I saw some pretty stuff and had fun, though, so it certainly wasn't a wasted trip.


I was on the trail a little before 2. That's a bad time of day for landscape photography. Everything looks so bland without any shadows.


From Broadway_2008_10_25


There's still a lot of smoke in the air. You can see it in several of the pictures.


From Broadway_2008_10_25


It was not hot (maybe mid 80's) and there was a light breeze blowing, but I got pretty warm being out in the sun. I drank all of my water, even the emergency backup water. Fortunately, there are a lot of saguaros out there. They provide much needed shade during rest stops.


From Broadway_2008_10_25


I'm sure I'll get to the cave next time. I'm not going out there again until the temperature drops about 20 degrees, though. Also, it looks like the trail continues up Monument Canyon. I'll have to go see what's up there some time.


Broadway_2008_10_25

No comments: