Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's always something...

I went out to Canyon Lake to get some pictures of the moonrise over the lake today. The moon wasn't in quite the right spot, though. I'll have to Google astronomy programs to see if I can find one I can use to find out when the moon will be rising where I want it to.


There was no wind today, and the temperature was perfect. It was gorgeous out there. Except for one tiny little thing. Well, actually a bunch of tiny little things. The only place I've seen more mosquitoes in Arizona is in the trees on the banks of the Salt River. There were other little bugs, too, but I didn't become aware of them until I got home. I still feel them crawling all over me. I may have to take a shower before I eat.


Anyway, enough whining. I've taken pictures of the moonrise out there before but the disk of the moon was always washed out, or you could see the moon but nothing else. I thought Photomatix would be able to solve that problem for me. I'm afraid it wasn't up to the task, though. Maybe I need to play around with it some more. I'll have to do that later. I'm going to take a shower right now. Here are a few pictures.


No comments: