Sunday, November 09, 2008

Looks scary from here.

See the white circle in the picture below? That's about where I was on September 1 of this year. Looking at this picture, I can't figure out how I got up there or why I didn't fall off. It must not look as bad when you are actually up there, though. I remember that the route I could take was very restricted. I do not hike on steep slopes that have a cliff or drop off within about 50 feet below where I will be walking. If I fall for some reason, I don't want to slide off a cliff. I stopped where I did in September because the only direction I could go from there was to my right (to the right in the picture, too). That would have put me on a steep slope that ends in a cliff. Forget that nonsense. I'll take some pictures and go home. And that's what I did.


 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: