Sunday, November 02, 2008

Hewitt Canyon Rd

Yesterday I said that I was going to Bulldog Canyon today to enjoy the quiet. I went out Hewitt Canyon road instead. It was much quieter that the Broadway cave trail. I wasn't planning to hike, but I couldn't resist wandering around on a mountainside. Well, you have to get out of the truck to hear the quiet, and while you're out you might as well walk around a little. It would be silly to just stand there going, "Ahhh". I went up the slope on the left edge of this picture.


From 2008_11_02


Anybody know what kind of cholla this is?


From 2008_11_02


There are a lot of pretty rocks out there. I only took pictures of this shiny one, though.


From 2008_11_02


Know what's worse than having catclaw acacia grab your forearm? Having it grab your lip after it lets go of your arm and bounces up.


From 2008_11_02


This is Roblas Butte. I'd like to climb it (because it's there, and the view has got to be great up there), but it may not be possible without violating some of my hiking rules, and I'm not going to do that.


From 2008_11_02


There were high, thin clouds and a few puffy little clouds. A polarizing filter and Photomatix made them look pretty good in the pictures.


From 2008_11_02


From 2008_11_02




2008_11_02

1 comment:

Scott said...

You've definately got landscape photography down. Your pictures are all so crisp and clear. Great cloud shots.