Sunday, November 30, 2008

Return to the desert

I just spent a week in Texas. It's nice to spend some time on the farm and to visit with family. I had to go in to Houston a couple of times, though, and that isn't fun.


I always tell people in Texas about how nice and dry it is out here. I hear that it rained here almost the whole time I was gone, though. It was pretty humid today. I could see evidence of all the rain on the hike. Looked like lots of grass was sprouting.


I hiked on a trail at the end of Idaho road that I haven't been on for a couple of years. The scenery is pretty along the way. There's a mysterious radio transmitter at the end.


@trip has a new feature. You can view the hike in 3D. It's really cool. Today's hike looks a little boring in 3D, but the hike to the top of Lone Mountain looks good.




2008_11_30

No comments: