Sunday, February 15, 2009

Snow day

I'm glad I got out and took some pictures of the fluffy clouds we had yesterday. Today it was overcast, gloomy, and dreary looking. It looked like winter, but it was in the 50s and calm, so it didn't feel very wintry. Sweetums and I went up to Payson, and continued on up to the Mogollon Rim. I was surprised to see how much snow there was up there. It was about 50 up there, too. No breeze. I was comfortable taking pictures in a flannel shirt.


At the first place we stopped, I thought I was going to walk to an area nobody had been to yet, to get pictures of pristine snow. I soon found out why nobody had walked there. I grew up in Houston, so I don't know much about snow. When I got to the part where nobody had walked, my feet sank at least a foot before they stopped. After 3 or 4 steps, I felt the snow in my shoes. That is not a pleasant feeling. I stopped there and took a few pictures.


There were some really pretty patches of snow on rocks and icicles along the side of the highway. I didn't want to get run over while taking pictures, though, so I didn't get any of the really cool looking stuff. Still, I think I got enough pictures of snow to last about a year.


2009_02_15

No comments: