Thursday, November 26, 2009

New @trip feature

I use a Mobil Action GPS data logger to log my location as I hike, and I use their software to geotag my pictures. A week or so ago some software updates were downloaded. I didn't pay much attention to them. Tonight I was downloading some family pictures from my camera and noticed a "Sports Analyzer" icon. I checked and it was something that was in the recent Mobil Action update. I started it up and found out I can load my personal info (height, weight, etc.) and a GPS track and it will tell me how many calories I burned. I have no idea how accurate it is, but it's a nifty toy. Below is a screen shot of the display for my recent hike to Hackberry Mesa. I was surprised to see I burned only 682 calories. Felt like a couple of thousand. More proof that I've gotten lazy and fat.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: