Thursday, March 06, 2008

Crosscut trail

It was a pretty, clear day today. There was some wind earlier, which blew the pollution away (from the east valley, at least). I haven't been on the crosscut trail (next to the Superstition Mountains) for a while, so I went out there today.


I wore a T-shirt because it seemed warm enough for that when I left the house. I was warm enough on the trail since I was moving. By the time I got back to the truck, though, my forearms were so cold and stiff, I could barely open my water bottle. It was only 58, with no wind. I just get cold easily. I don't think I would survive someplace where it got down near 0 all winter.


I took a lot of pictures of the mountains, so you're going to get tired of seeing them. Notice how green it is out there. Well, I guess that will look normal to some of you. It isn't normal for here, though.


Crosscut_trail_2008_03_06

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is very green. According to Wikiepedia "the Sonoran Desert is considered the wettest desert in the world". Reminds me of the world's tallest midget. SteveM