Saturday, March 15, 2008

Reymert Road

I didn't know it was Reymert Road until I got home and was geotagging the pictures. I have been wanting to drive out towards Superior for a while, to check out the flowers in that direction. I left the house about 8:30 this morning so I could beat the Renaissance Festival crowd. There were a whole lot of flowers all along the sides of the road. Silly Mountain is completely yellow, covered with brittle bush flowers. The brittle bushes didn't have quite so many flowers where I stopped, I guess because of the higher elevation; they'll bloom later.


I drove down Reymert Road for a little ways to see what's out there. There's a rock quarry, and I think you can drive through it, but I didn't. I wandered around on a small hill taking pictures of flowers for a while. The air is very hazy. I don't know if it's pollution or dust from all the wind we had yesterday.


On the way home, I passed by all the Renaissance Festival traffic. It was astonishing. Stop and go traffic from the festival until I exited 60 (12 miles). I wonder how much further the traffic jam went. It must be one humdinger of a festival if so many people think it's worth sitting in a line of cars that long to get there. I guess I'll never know, though. I'm not that crazy.


Reymert_rd_2008_03_15

No comments: