Sunday, March 09, 2008

Flowers along Apache Trail

Suzanne and I rode out Apache Trail today. There are lots of pretty flowers all along the way. We didn't stop and get out to get any pictures until we go to the part where it turns to dirt, though. There sure was a lot of traffic, all along the whole road. Tortilla Flat is jammed with tourists these days. I can't even get an ice cream cone anymore.


Before you go to the pictures, I have a correction for yesterday's blog/pictures. The geotags of the pictures are completely wrong. I didn't go 2.5 miles and then back again. That's the problem with trying to geotag pictures in those low resolution areas. Last night I was thinking about how I had hiked for a little over an hour before I turned back. There is no way I could have gone 2.5 miles in a little over an hour. I was going kind of fast towards the end (I was curious about whether my legs or my lungs would give out first; I ran out of uphill before I found out, but my legs were beginning to feel like jelly), but I stopped a lot to take pictures of flowers and look around. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I went less than 2 miles round trip. I'm not going to correct the geotags on all those pictures; too much trouble, and it won't affect my review anyway.


Speaking of anyway, here are today's pictures. Enjoy.


Apache_Trail_2008_03_09

No comments: