Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Quiet afternoon

The weekend was cloudy and gloomy and cold. Today, it was sunny and warm and a beautiful day. I headed out to Bulldog Canyon for a short hike. The Sky Harbor traffic was going someplace else this afternoon, so it was pretty quiet. Not extremely quiet, though, because the bees were busy and the flies are starting to come out. It was very nice.


The past few times I've gone out to the desert, I have felt obligated to take pictures of the flowers. I already have so many, and everybody else is probably getting as tired of them as me, but they are so pretty I just have to take pictures.


It's very hard to walk around now with all the plants covering the ground. It's taking me a long time to get anywhere because I spend so much time picking a route and then carefully stepping in the barest spots. I miss being able to walk across the barren ground. I'm not complaining, though. The scorching heat will blast all the pretty little flowers to hades soon enough.


BC_2008_03_18

1 comment:

Skid Plate said...

You better not step on a rattlesnake in all those plants