Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Horse Shoe Mountain

Steve stopped by for a short visit on his way to LA. He wanted to do some hiking in the desert, so on Tuesday morning we went up Horse Shoe Mountain. It was a beautiful day and I like the pictures I got.


I chose a moderately difficult hike since I wasn't sure what kind of shape Steve was in. He was breathing a little harder than me, but he was eager to do some exploring and I think he would have followed me to the top of the Superstitions (if I could have made it up there myself).


Steve also wanted to try out his new Toyota Highlander on some rough roads. We discovered that it does not have real high ground clearance. The side rails scraped rocks a couple of times. Other than that, it performed very nicely. It didn't have any trouble at all getting through the soft "sand" in the bottom of washes. I think my next vehicle is going to have to have four wheel drive. It may be a long time before I can get that, though. I think my Tacoma is going to last forever (and that's a good thing).




BC_2008_12_30

No comments: