Sunday, December 14, 2008

Spooky Hill, after a rain

I was planning to get pictures of some waterfalls today, but it wasn't raining. So I decided to use my i-gotU to make a map of the route I take to Spooky Hill. It was overcast and really gloomy looking again today. I think I got some good pictures anyway.


On the way out to the hill, I was following a faint trail that I always thought had been made by deer. Today I saw two sets of footprints. They had been made earlier today, because any others would have been erased by last night's rain. Oh, yeah, it rained last night. So maybe a lot more people go out there than I had realized.


It was in the low 50's today. Still, I worked up a little sweat on the way up the hill. There was a slight breeze at the top, so I had to stay off of the top to keep from freezing. I took a lot of AEB pictures while up there to make HDR images. In one of them, I accidentally got two wild horses. I wish I had known the horses were there so I could have gotten a better picture. They are in this picture. Find them! The first to locate them wins an autographed print of the picture (if I can get my stupid printer to work). I doubt that you will be able to find them by looking at this small version of the picture, so click on it and then magnify the image on the page it takes you to.


From BC_2008_12_14


While I was on my way down the hill, I heard water dripping in Spooky Canyon. I could see a place that there might be a waterfall. I hiked over there and sure enough, there was a tiny waterfall. I made a movie and if I can get it to upload to YouTube, I'll put it here. My first attempt to upload failed.


Here's the map and pictures. Note that I didn't put exactly the same group of pictures on the map and on the album. It's late, and I'm tired.




BC_2008_12_14

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I clicked on the picture to try and find the horses and I got a "500 server error" from google... It's a trap!

Unknown said...

Sorry 'bout that. I fixed it.

Unknown said...

Lauren has won the "find the horses" contest. All you other slackers can keep right on slacking.

Lauren said...

/cheer!