Thursday, January 15, 2009

Short days

The days are still too short to do much hiking after work. I had to get out in the desert, anyway. I went out to a part of Bulldog Canyon OHV area that I've never been to before. I stopped when I got to a place it the road that it looked like I would be able to drive down, but not back up. I didn't want to get stuck out there.


There were a couple of nearby hills I could climb. I picked this one because from where I was, the other one looked unclimbable.


From 2009_01_15


When I got to the top, though, I could see that the other one could be easily climbed.


From 2009_01_15


I decided to take a different route on the way down, but came to a dead end.


From 2009_01_15


It was a short hike, though, so it wasn't any trouble to wander around until I found my way back.


Here's a funny picture. I carefully composed it to show the mountain in the background. Oops, what mountain?


From 2009_01_15


I wrote my description of the trip on the @trip server to tell a story with a moral for desert hikers, so don't skip this one.




2009_01_15

No comments: