Saturday, January 31, 2009

Butcher Jones

Kyle wanted to ride the ATV again. He said, "Do you want to go riding?". That makes it sound like he's going to ride and I'm going to ride. A more literal interpretation would be that I would go riding and he wouldn't. So anyway, he took off on the ATV and I wandered around taking pictures. By the time I got back to the truck, he had the ATV loaded up and was ready to leave. I'm not falling for that again.


It was early in the day (the sun was high) and we weren't in a real scenic area, so I'm not very impressed with the pictures.


I tried something new this time. I sent pictures from my cell phone to a special web album so people could see live updates as I was hiking. Of course, that only works if I have a signal. Also, you can see that I'm not very good at taking pictures with my cell phone. You have to use the LCD screen, and you can't see that screen out in broad daylight. I could barely see well enough to compose the message when I stood in the shade of a palo verde. Here are the cell phone pictures.


RealTime


Oh, only two of those were taken during the hike. The others were just messing around.


Here are the pictures from today.


2009_01_31

2 comments:

Scott said...

Looks like a fun place to ride ATVs.

Nice capture with the cardinal picture.

Unknown said...

It's not bad, if your objective is to ride an ATV. In the spring there can be a LOT of great flowers out there.