Thursday, April 30, 2009

Draggin'

All day at work on Monday I felt really strange, like maybe I was coming down with something. I had a lot of trouble thinking and remembering things, which isn't good when most of your work involves thinking. When I went home, I played couch potato until I went to bed. Felt much better on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday I didn't feel quite right again. I decided that I probably needed to go for a hike. I didn't feel up to a strenuous hike, so I went to a quiet part of Bulldog Canyon to wander around.


It was a good choice. It was quiet out there. The planes flying in to Sky Harbor weren't going over Bulldog Canyon for once. I didn't see anybody else while I was out there. I love it when I have the desert to myself. It still boggles my mind that that is even possible this close to a large metropolitan area. What is wrong with people? Why would 5 million people rather watch tv or eat in a noisy restaurant or hang out in a bar with a bunch of shallow drunks than spend a couple of quiet hours in one of the most beautiful places on earth? I don't know, but I'm glad they do that. The desert is MINE and I love it! But I digress...


I just kind of wandered around to some place that I hadn't wandered to before. Along the way I came across a dead tree that looked very familiar. I think I took some pictures of it about 4 years ago.



Have you seen this before?


I wound up near a place where part of a cliff had fallen off recently. I think it was very recently. I didn't spend much time trying to figure out how recently, but I think it was more than 6 months but maybe less than 10 years. Maybe even less than 2 years. I'll have to see if I can find it on some old pictures.




I wandered up close to the cliff but stopped before I got there. It got too steep. I sat there a while enjoying the view and the quiet. On the way down, my legs were shaky. I must be coming down with something, or maybe I have it and this is as bad as it gets.


Click below to see all the pictures.


BC_2009_04_29

No comments: