Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Sticks, bugs, etc.

I decided to go out to the desert after work, just to relax. I was planning to go into the Blue Point entrance of Bulldog Canyon, but my reading glasses weren't in the truck. I wouldn't be able to read the numbers on the combination lock to get out if it was dark when I left. So instead, I went across the street to wander around near the Salt River. You know, you can always count on seeing lots of bugs when you get close to the Salt.



A cloud of bugs near the Salt River.


I don't think I've ever seen so many bugs in Arizona. The air was full of clouds of them. They made a high pitched whining noise that sounded like mosquitoes. They didn't land on me, though, or even get close enough to harass me. I decided I had better get out of there before sunset, though.


I mostly took pictures of dead sticks. They turned out kind of boring. Hopefully I've learned something about making them more interesting next time, though.


2009_03_31

No comments: