Thursday, April 23, 2009

Not enough light

I got home from work early enough on Wednesday to go for a hike. I wanted to go someplace different but not too far away. I decided to climb the hills/mountains across Bush Highway from the Salt River. I had a nice view of Bulldog Canyon OHV area from up there. I took a bunch of pictures of it but didn't think about putting them together for a panorama until I was looking at the pictures today. I don't know if my photo stitching software has trouble with HDR images or what, but it didn't do a real good job of putting them together. Still, the panoramas don't look too bad.


I looked for an area of the hills that didn't look too steep. It was conveniently located by a place to park, with a gap in the fence for hikers. A trail headed for the hills and I thought I might find one all the way to the top, but it pretty much ended when it intersected a horse trail. There are a lot of trees in that area, I guess because it's so close to the river. I wandered through them to get to the hills. The trees ended at their base.


I probably got about halfway to the top before I decided the sun was too low to go any further. The view was nice from up there. There were an awful lot of chollas up there. I bumped one with my knee pretty hard on the way down. I had to find a rock to sit on, get the pliers out, pull my pants leg up and pluck thorns for a while. Finding a rock to sit on was not hard. You'll see what I mean in the pictures.



The canyon I've been trying to get to lately is over there.



Pass Mountain, Lone Mountain, Horseshoe Mountain, and Spooky Hill are in this picture.



Rocks aplenty.



A tree with two trunks.



There is only one of these out there.


The panoramas, a 3D picture, and more are in the album.


2009_04_22

No comments: