Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pictures of the Salt

It's been a stormy day. I had been planning all week to go on a long hike today, but not in the rain. It looked like the sun was trying to come out this afternoon, though, so I went out for a little while.


I went down to the Salt River. I wanted to get a picture of a particular item there, but I couldn't find it. There were some clouds around that made for nice landscape pictures, though.



There's a spot to park next to the road, and this is the view as you walk to the river.



A lot of the pictures look like this, but hey, it was pretty.


The walk down to the river was not very pleasant. I kept thinking I smelled something that had died a few weeks ago. I didn't get away from the smell until I got right next to the water. Well, at least it wasn't the river that stunk.



I found some fungus.



Lots of people come down here, or float through here, so there's lots of junk.



Now is the time to kayak on the river; no drunken knuckleheads to put up with.


2009_04_11

2 comments:

Lauren said...

what was the particular item you wanted a picture of?

Unknown said...

It's a secret. You'll see if I ever find it.